Jonathan is one of our “home-grown” Chartered Financial Planners and fully embodies the morals and ethics of McCarthy Taylor Limited, having joined us as a trainee in 2009 after obtaining a degree in Accounting & Finance from UWE. Jon has worked in all areas of the business, giving him a complete understanding of the financial planning process from start to finish.
In 2013 Jonathan joined a Bristol-based Chartered Financial Planning firm as paraplanner, gaining valuable experience writing technical reports before returning to McCarthy Taylor in 2015.
Jonathan has a real passion for promoting good, independent financial advice and raising awareness of the benefits financial planners are able to offer. He enjoys meeting with clients, listening to their requirements, and establishing how best to meet their needs.
At work Jonathan has a keen interest in investments and cash flow modelling, finding the best ways of applying these principles within holistic financial planning advice. Outside of work Jon is an avid sports fan, who attempts to maintain a healthy lifestyle!
- CF1 UK financial services, regulation & ethics
- CF2 Investment and risk
- CF4 Retirement planning
- CF5 Integrated financial planning
- R01 Financial services, regulations and ethics
- R02 Investment principles and risk
- R03 Personal taxation
- R04 Pensions and retirement planning
- R05 Financial protection
- J02 Trusts
- J03 The tax and legal aspects of business
- J05 Pension income options
- AF1 Personal tax and trust planning
- AF3 Pension planning
- AF5 Financial planning process